~The world is full of aspiring heroes, all striving to reach the summit of a mountain of dreams. Each second of every day is utilized and malleated to form the masterpiece that is their accomplishment, knowing full well a minor lapse in preparation is most likely catastrophic. These well tuned machines forge their minds, bodies, and souls to live, eat, sweat, and breathe their desire, becoming invincible. Defeat is not an option, rest is unneeded. Victory becomes their sustenance. The world has become their own...

Saturday, November 12, 2011

My last post was August 18th,... needless to say a lot has happened since then to get me to where I am. But rather than try to sum it up in a quickly written paragraph or two, I'll just let you experience my NOW.

It took me four and a half long years to fully comprehend the meaning of "Live in your present." Coach McGuire reiterated that saying over and over, but it had eluded my comprehension until recently. So here is my present:

I just saw Quigley's ass. More importantly, I am chilling in a hotel room in Dekalb, IL waiting for the start of my first 10k ever in my first regional race. And yet I'm not terrified; I'm ecstatic. It's time to go out and explain via footsteps and seconds the ungodly amount of work that my teammates and I have logged this fall.

That's all for now. Look for a novella of a catch-up post to follow shortly. I want to get my season on paper as much as I want to see the results of this race. We're ready to turn some heads. Let's go TIGERS!!!!

I'm finally ready to toe the line...

No comments:

Post a Comment