~The world is full of aspiring heroes, all striving to reach the summit of a mountain of dreams. Each second of every day is utilized and malleated to form the masterpiece that is their accomplishment, knowing full well a minor lapse in preparation is most likely catastrophic. These well tuned machines forge their minds, bodies, and souls to live, eat, sweat, and breathe their desire, becoming invincible. Defeat is not an option, rest is unneeded. Victory becomes their sustenance. The world has become their own...

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Broke

Today, as I sat idly by watching my millionth college basketball game of the year, my girlfriend and nearly everyone else I know have just arrived in Panama City, FL. I was supposed to be on that trip.

Ah, yes, the pristine beaches, 80 degree weather, and a week of being a bum is nearly the greatest thing I could think to be doing at the moment. However, as my track coach has almost certainly read a chapter or two of Mein Kampf in the recent months, I could not make the trek for fear of being kicked off the team. The numbers are thinning, as 9 of my teammates have been extradited from the team just this past Monday. I therefore reasoned that my absence on the first day of practice this coming Wednesday would no doubt be the end of my career.

Thus, I am currently sitting in my basement post 8 mile adventure run in the snowy tundra of mid-Missouri eating a large plate of pasta, staring at my computer screen, and praying to all manner of deities that Kansas gets upset by VCU today. GO RAMS!!

On that note, this will be a short and unorthodox post, but I'll leave you (haha like anyone reads this thing) with a picture that epitomizes what Spring Break 2011 in Columbia Missouri is all about!

Thank god I get to run this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment