~The world is full of aspiring heroes, all striving to reach the summit of a mountain of dreams. Each second of every day is utilized and malleated to form the masterpiece that is their accomplishment, knowing full well a minor lapse in preparation is most likely catastrophic. These well tuned machines forge their minds, bodies, and souls to live, eat, sweat, and breathe their desire, becoming invincible. Defeat is not an option, rest is unneeded. Victory becomes their sustenance. The world has become their own...

Friday, December 10, 2010

My life as a wastebasket:

What to do today, world... Such a vast expanse of time void of any and all obligations is such a novel occurrence. Let's see... I have no schoolwork or studying to do--yet. I have no errands to run, things to buy, or people to see. However, the strangest missing piece is the lack of cardio. It's going to be weird for the next few weeks trying to figure out what it is other college kids do during practice hours. I wonder if I'll be able to make the transition into boredom seamlessly.

But man... this is only my third day off, and already I feel downright worthless. I meander about my basement like a zombie, with a direct line to my bag of chips and the remote. I stare endlessly at the 40 inch screen with only intermittent pauses to gaze the 13.9 inch screen of my macbook. There is nothing on, but I continue to watch. I've been to the same websites over thirty times each today, and surprisingly, nothing has changed. I'm stuck in this dungeon of inactivity, too lazy to bathe for the first time in days, and without the proper motivation to arise and saunter towards the refrigerator to grab yet another coke. Hopefully my roommate will come out of his room soon so he can snag one for me...

To amplify my discontent with my current predicament, I got a brief glimpse of the outdoors this morning as I went to my car. Although dreary, bleak, overcast and breezy, the world has never looked so irresistibly titillating through my eyes. The creaks and groans of winter's leafless trees are like sirens in the ocean, a cacophony of wooded voices calling out to me. The fifty degree breeze fills my lungs with the scent of a post-snow warming with the passing of yesterday's sub-freezing high, even with the lack of a bright white blanket slowly melting over the trails I long to traverse. The distinct smell of track season was the nicotine to my addiction. I wanted nothing more than to lace up and run until total exhaustion.

But that was a passing glimpse of a time two months from now. At present, I am confined in these walls by a tiny little fatigue in a non-weight-bearing bone. The path ahead looms, arduous and formidable. Let's hope a friend-filled Christmas break will get me through the mental anguish.

As for now, I must commence doing nothing, perhaps head over to a party and observe the drunks in their natural habitat, engorged with two kegs and the prospect of carnal pleasure. Let's hope I get a few good pictures/videos, or at least a good story out of the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment