~The world is full of aspiring heroes, all striving to reach the summit of a mountain of dreams. Each second of every day is utilized and malleated to form the masterpiece that is their accomplishment, knowing full well a minor lapse in preparation is most likely catastrophic. These well tuned machines forge their minds, bodies, and souls to live, eat, sweat, and breathe their desire, becoming invincible. Defeat is not an option, rest is unneeded. Victory becomes their sustenance. The world has become their own...

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I see the finish line

One final down, three to go! But man, was that horrible! I don't understand how most of the material on that exam was to be answered, since he never went over any of it in class. O well. I'll hope and pray for that life-saving curve to pull me out of the depths of a 50% to get an A!.... wishful thinking. I love the feeling of finishing a final though, no matter how horrible the test went. I'm just glad I never have to open a textbook labeled "Ion channel measurements of excitable membranes" ever again in my life. Bioelectricity was way over my head.

So now, after my ten minute trudge through the snow to retreat down into the cave that is my basement living room, I'm feeling extremely close to freedom, even though I'm only a fourth of the way there. I'm so excited to see The Damnwells in concert this Saturday in Chicago! They're easily one of my favorite bands, and also a band that deserves a lot more recognition and fame than they receive. They truly are an undiscovered gem in a world where fake plastic jewelry is the fad. I also get to see my cousin, one of my favorite relatives. I always love hanging with him, as he exudes the mindset of college as he lives in the professional world.

The only thing I'm not excited about is my damn hip. I'm getting shooting pains in the area even when I'm just sitting! The healing process for my stress fracture is such a bitch, as there is absolutely nothing you can do that doesn't cause some stress on the hip! I should probably rent a space ship and exist in a zero-G state for about a month to allow it to heal. Instead, I have to walk to class, sit on uncomfortable couches, and sleep on my side, all compounding to hinder healing and increase pain. Looks like I better accept that this injury is not a quick fix, and dig in for the long haul. My optimistic projection at this point is that I will be back to running in late February with the hopes that I can be in shape in time for Outdoor season which starts in March. We'll see how that goes.

Alright, I can't stand to sit here any longer because my hip hurts. I'll probably write more later, but I must study.

Tschüß

No comments:

Post a Comment