~The world is full of aspiring heroes, all striving to reach the summit of a mountain of dreams. Each second of every day is utilized and malleated to form the masterpiece that is their accomplishment, knowing full well a minor lapse in preparation is most likely catastrophic. These well tuned machines forge their minds, bodies, and souls to live, eat, sweat, and breathe their desire, becoming invincible. Defeat is not an option, rest is unneeded. Victory becomes their sustenance. The world has become their own...

Saturday, April 9, 2011

No Rest for the Weary

I had truly forgotten what it was like to be a student-athlete until this past week. "Busy" would not begin to describe my plight. With a midterm paper, lab report, exam, and research, I literally had no time to myself. Couple all of those with practice and workouts, and you get one tired, out of shape 22 year old.

My allergies were icing on top of the cake. They kicked in on Monday, and six benadryl later, I'm feeling like a zombie. Still, my eyes itch, my nose is stuffy, and my legs are exhausted. This is going to be an interesting race.

On the positive side, my heat is set up perfectly for a great race, I'm running against a high school teammate, and I have a drove of fans for the first time, ever! BRING IT ON!

See you on the other side...

No comments:

Post a Comment