~The world is full of aspiring heroes, all striving to reach the summit of a mountain of dreams. Each second of every day is utilized and malleated to form the masterpiece that is their accomplishment, knowing full well a minor lapse in preparation is most likely catastrophic. These well tuned machines forge their minds, bodies, and souls to live, eat, sweat, and breathe their desire, becoming invincible. Defeat is not an option, rest is unneeded. Victory becomes their sustenance. The world has become their own...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Poor Effort

It was one of those days... I was just not in it. I'm brooding over my lack of focus, knowing full well I could have had a much better race. Simply put, I psyched myself out.

I felt some serious pressure going into the race. For one, I knew I had to follow up last weeks performance with another PR. Second, the field was better, and I knew we'd go through the 8 in 2:10 or so. Most of all, I knew my season was on the line; if I didn't perform today, I would not make the trip to Indiana. I got inside my head :/

Couple my mental weakness with a week full of work, school, and loads of Benadryl, I was NOT all there when I stepped on the track today. Lethargic is the best way to describe it, and I'm completely and utterly disgusted with my performance.

(Written post race, but didn't publish out of rage)

No comments:

Post a Comment